In this section you will find information on the flora of Lough Carra. There is a simple inventory of all the species that have been recorded in and around the lake. In addition there is detailed information on the orchids, including maps showing the distribution and abundance of the orchid species in 2007/2008.
- Flora Inventory: Species List of the Flora of Lough Carra by Chris and Lynda Huxley - June 2012
- An extract from the Irish Naturalist, September 1906 “On the Botany of Lough Carra” by R. Lloyd Praeger
- List of trees planted by Peter Lunch of Castlecarra in March 1768. Several of the Lime trees still exist and are now impressive old trees. There’s a photo of one of them in the “Lough Carra” book.
- Orchid Report: The Orchids of Lough Carra with Maps - The Status and Diestribution of Orchids Around Lough Carra, Co. Mayo, and Location Maps by Chris and Lynda Huxley 2011
- Very Rare Plant Found on the Shores of Lough Carra by Chris and Lynda Huxley - July 2014